SUMMER CAMP USA RETURNER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Summer Camp USA Returner Terms & Conditions
I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the 2017 Returning Counsellor Summer Camp USA (SCUSA) information. I agree that my application to, and participation in, the 2017 Summer Camp USA program (“Program”) shall be governed by the following terms and conditions:
A. Program Costs
- The program fee is $595. The program fee is payable to IEP on submission of my online application
- I understand that insurance is a compulsory component of the program. Insurance coverage is mandatory for all participants under the US government visa regulations. As a part of my program fee I will be provided with a medical insurance policy for up to 3 months. Should I require extended coverage for a longer camp contract I agree to purchase this through IEP at a cost of $100/month or part thereof.
- It is up to me to negotiate with my camp who will cover the cost of my travel to and from camp.
- In order to work legally as a camp counsellor in the USA, I must process my DS-2019 visa application at the designated US Consulate in Auckland, NZ once IEP has given it to me and I understand that I may have to attend a personal interview at a US Consulate, at my expense. The US Government applies a separate charge for this process and I agree to pay this cost (US$160.00) and any additional or new fees which the US Government imposes. Further, I understand that the US Government fees are non-refundable even if my visa is denied by the US Consulate.
- I understand that I must, at my own expense, obtain a police background check dated later than 01 January 2017 and provide it to IEP.
- If required by my camp, I agree to undertake a medical examination at my expense and to provide the results of that examination to camp.
B. Cancellation Policy
- IEP reserves the right to cancel my application if any of the eligibility and program conditions are not met in full. I will be notified of my cancellation in writing.
- If I decide to cancel, I must submit my cancellation to IEP in writing and this will be effective from the date received by IEP. Cancellations will be accepted by letter, fax, or verified email only.
- For cancellations made within seven days of my application being received by IEP, a $50 cancellation administration fee will apply. If booked through STA Travel, an additional $60 administration fee will apply.
- For cancellations made after seven days from the date of my application, but before placement confirmation, 50% of the amount of the program fee will be refunded.
- Once I have been accepted on to the program and/or the DS-2019 visa sponsorship form has been lodged, the program fee is non-refundable.
- If I cancel for any reason, my DS2019 visa application form must be returned to IEP within 5 days.
- If I am denied a visa by the USA Consulate for any reason and consequently am unable to participate in the program, no monies will be refunded.
- Fees incurred for obtaining your criminal background check, visa processing and SEVIS are not refundable. Refunds of the other components of the Summer Camp USA program which are provided by suppliers other than IEP, including airfares and insurance, will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions set by the suppliers.
C. Departure from New Zealand and Travel to Camp
- I understand that IEP will provide my contact and camp placement details to their travel provider (STA Travel) so they can assist with my travel to camp.
- I understand and agree that I may not depart from New Zealand as a program participant unless and until I have:
- processed and received my J-1 Visa at a US Consulate;
- paid all outstanding program monies, including insurance, to IEP;
- provided IEP with a signed copy of my camp contract; and
- booked and paid for my flight and provided IEP with a copy of my itinerary
D. Salary and Agency Fees
I understand that as a returner, it is up to me to negotiate my salary for the summer directly with my camp director and that the camp will not pay InterExchange a fee for administration.
E. Personal Responsibility Statement and Indemnity
I agree to conduct myself ethically at all times while in the USA as a participant on the Summer Camp USA program before, during and after my time at camp. I agree to abide by the terms of the Exchange Visitor Program J-1 visa. I agree to accept full financial responsibility for any personal expenses as well as any expenses incurred by the camp, InterExchange, IEP, or any other party as a result of any action or inaction on my part, including but not limited to breach of this agreement, breach of any camp rule or policy, misbehaviour or illegal act.
I certify that my Summer Camp USA application and attachments are correct and that I have not omitted any facts that are relevant to my suitability to live and work with children as a role model and counsellor. I agree to notify IEP immediately if circumstances alter between now and June in such a way as to alter any of my answers on the application form. I will not work in the USA before my J-1 visa start date. I understand that the J-1 visa is a short-term visa and that I am only permitted to remain in the USA until the date specified by IEP/InterExchange. I will not remain in the USA beyond that date. I also agree and accept that during the course of my programme application I will be providing IEP with personal information which is required for the application process and may also be shared with third party organisations for marketing purposes. I have read this agreement in full and understand it. I agree to the terms and conditions set out above. Further, I agree that any dispute arising from this agreement will be adjudicated in New Zealand under New Zealand law.