WORK AT SILVER STAR
Silver Star Mountain Resort
Silver Star Mountain Resort is located high above Okanagan Valley in British Columbia and offers you the ultimate Canadian working holiday that you’ve been dreaming of! The village itself is themed after the 1900’s mining town, giving it a unique fun feel with all of its colourful buildings. With 13 restaurants and bars the nightlife here is good!
Silver Star is a family orientated resort which has a community feel located in a village. Summer activies include hiking, a downhill bike park, 35km of single track cross country bike trails (with 30km more in development) and Frisbee golf. Vernon, the closest city, has all the amenities including 2 cinemas, a full recreation centre and shopping malls.
Silver Star is a friendly place to work and being that moutain village is small, is easy to make friends with staff in most of the departments. The Management at Silver Star organise trips to other resorts, a free staff shuttle bus to and from Vernon, and many staff events.
- Season: June – September
- Province: British Columbia
- Minimum Age: 18
- Accommodation: Yes
- Interview location: Skype
Staff Accommodation at Silver Star
Silver Star Ski Resort is committed to providing eligible employees with well-maintained, comfortable and affordable accommodation. Centrally located in the Village, the Silver Lode Inn can accommodate up to 140 staff members. You can expect that the hostel-style rooms will be full (maximum 4 people per room).
- Prices range from $400 to $500 per month
- Each room has a private bathroom and comes equipped with 4 bunk beds, mini-fridge, small TV, and phone (room to room calls only).
- The staff accommodation is located right in the village. Most private residences on the hill are walking distance to work, although there is a resort shuttle bus.
- There is also a free shuttle bus for those who choose to live in Vernon, rather than in staff housing.
Working at Silver Star
Pay rates at Silver Star typically start at CA$10.85/hour.
Silver Star has hired for the following roles in the past:
- Front Desk Agent
- Housekeeping Room Attendant
- Lift Operator
- Retail Sales Clerk
- Resort Sales and Service Agent
Perks of working at Silver Star
- Bike Park Season pass
- Ride breaks – split shifts allowing for daily riding
- Discounts at restaurants, rental / retail shop, hotels, ski / snowboard lessons
- Staff accommodation
- Staff trips