WORK IN BANFF
Work at Brewster Travel
Banff provides a great base for your working holiday in Canada! Here you will have access to three mountains – Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Mt Norquay.
- Season: Brewster’s tourism operations are open year-round
- Terrain: Brewster Travel is not a ski resort, but they are located in the Banff area. There are 3 ski resorts in the Banff area; Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Mt Norquay. All have a huge variety of terrain on offer.
- Snowfall: Snowfall in Banff averages 9 metres (30ft)
- Province: Alberta
- Accommodation: Yes
- Minimum Age: 18
- Interview location: Auckland
Staff accommodation is provided! Brewster Travel offer 6 different staff accommodation options which are dependent on the attraction/department for which you are hired.
- For front line staff, accommodation costs between $9 and $12/day. Cost is dependent on the building staff are assigned to. The cost of housing is deducted from your pay cheque on a bi-weekly basis.
- You will need to bring bedding for a single bed and any personal items you require. All of their accommodations are fully furnished.
- Where it is an unreasonable distance to walk Brewster provides free transportation to and from work.
Jobs at Brewster Travel
Pay rates typically begin at CA$13-$15/hour
The Banff Gondola is one of the top activities for visitors to Banff National Park. Here guests see more mountains in a moment than most do in a lifetime. The Banff Gondola takes passengers to the top of Sulphur Mountain where they get breath taking views of six mountain ranges, encounter local wildlife, hike several scenic trials and dine in the clouds.
Roles available at the Banff Gondola:
• Food & beverage attendants
• Room attendants
Banff International Hotel/Mount Royal Hotel
The Banff International Hotel is located in downtown Banff, in the heart of the Banff National Park, and offers exceptional comfort and warm hospitality. Travellers enjoy the comforts of a modern hotel, including flat screen televisions, fitness facilities, indoor whirlpool and a dry cedar sauna.
The Mount Royal Hotel, also in the heart of downtown Banff, dates back to 1908 and has been a very important part of visitors experience in Banff and the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The hotel boosts a variety of rooms ranging from standard right through to executive suites – all equipped with the most contemporary amenities. Within the hotel you can enjoy dining in the internationally acclaimed Tony Roma’s Restaurant and Lounge and the all new Toque Canadian Pub, and rejuvenate your spirits in the sauna and whirlpool.
Jobs available at the Banff International Hotel/Mount Royal Hotel:
• Room Attendants
• Bell Person
Perks of working at Brewster Travel
- Discounted Season Passes at local ski resorts
- Free Brewster attractions to all employees and their families and 50% discount for employees’ friends
- Discounted hotel stays
- 30% off retail and food and beverage discounts in their outlets
- Monthly Brewster Social Committee Events
- Subsidized Yoga and Sally Borden Passes
- Free Canoe Passes
- Regular Staff Barbeques & Team Building
- Access to Brewster Cruiser Bikes