WORK AT ASESSIPPI SKI RESORT
Asessippi Ski Area isn’t as much about the vertical as it is the experience. Located on the border of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, here you will experience Canadian culture first hand and become part of a tight knit Canadian community.
Asessippi has 25 runs that range from easy to expert where you can work on your skiing, snowboarding and even snow biking skills! Not a keen skier but still want to play in the snow? Then their tube park is for you! There are plenty of events throughout the snow season to keep you busy; Rail Wars, Home Coming, Ski Cross, Slope Style and Big Air are all participant favourites!
When you are not on the slopes you will be experiencing many uniquely Canadian activities, such as ice fishing, snow mobiling, ice hockey and curling. At this resort you will experience a Canada that not many people see.
- Season: Early December – Early April
- Terrain: Quad Chair – 292’ vertical with very few flat spots; Triple Chair – 398’ vertical with very few flat spots; Bear Claw Triple Chair – 348’ vertical, full range of excellent intermediate terrain.
- Snowfall: 1-2 metres
- Province: Manitoba
- Accommodation: Yes
- Min Age: 18
- Interview Locations: Auckland
Staff Accommodation at Asessippi
Asessippi provides staff accommodation for all of their staff. There are two options available and rent is deducted from your pay cheque every two weeks. The accommodation will be organised before you arrive in Canada.
Most staff live in The Bunkhouse, which is located approximately 10 minutes from the resort, and is the most affordable housing with 10 double occupancy rooms. There is a common living area, kitchen and laundry facility. Mens & ladies showers and washrooms are also shared. Internet access is available.
- The Bunkhouse costs $14.00 per day and rent is deducted from your pay cheque every two weeks. Other housing costs vary.
- There are several vehicles provided that are to be shared between all Bunkhouse staff to get to and from work. Staff are responsible for fuel, oil, lights and damage. Drivers must have valid licences and must have prior approval to drive. The bus is used when there are special staff functions after resort hours.
- Other accommodation options TBA with similar costs and features.
Jobs at Asessippi
Winter Jobs interviews are assigned on a first-in, first-served basis, so if you’re interested in a specific role be sure to get your application started ASAP.
Wages typically start at CA$11-$12/hour.
Types of jobs you can get at Asessippi:
- Bar Wait Staff
- Cashier (Food and Beverage)
- Custodial Engineer
- Group Check-In Representative
- Kitchen & Counter Attendant
- Lift Attendant
- Rental Attendant
- Rental Attendant/Rental Repair Technician
- Snow School Administrator
- Snowboard/Ski Instructor
- Ticket Counter
Staff benefits for Asessippi employees include:
- Free ski pass
- Free ski or snowboard rentals (when available)
- Limited lessons
- Discounts for staff in the Trails End Gift Shop and some areas of the food court
- Free hot and cold beverages and hot fresh soup made daily
- Special events for staff are also held throughout the year