WORK BRITAIN ELIGIBILITY
ARE YOUR ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK?
To participate in the Work Britain program you must be legally able to work in the UK.
There are a couple of options that give you the opportunity to work in the UK:
Youth Mobility Visa
This visa allows you to work in the UK for up to two years. IEP will help you obtain this visa and to be eligible you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Hold a New Zealand or Australian passport
- Be aged between 18 and 30 (your visa application must be received by the UK Border Agency before your 31st birthday)
- Show proof of having at least £1890 in your bank account on the date you complete your visa application
UK Ancestry Visa
This visa allows you to work in the UK for up to five years. IEP will help you obtain this visa and to be eligible you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Hold a New Zealand passport
- Provide proof (original birth certificates) that you have a grandparent born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man or they were born before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland.
- Must provide documents proving that you are able to support yourself without access to public funds until you are able to find employment. (We recommend having at least $4000 in your bank account on the date you complete your visa application)
* IEP cannot assist in obtaining an Ancestry Dependent Visa.
IMPORTANT: You should allow at least 6-8 weeks for the complete process from submitting your initial application to having your visa issued; however it can take longer depending on if you, medical or background issues or if the processing time increases.
British or European Union Passport:
If you hold or are eligible to obtain a British or European Union passport you are still eligible for our Work Britain program.