Hike, bike or horseback ride in stunning settings, enjoy city nightlife and build everlasting friendships around glowing campfires. Leave bustling Los Angeles, encounter sun kissed beaches, the mighty Colorado River and an exclusive overnight stay at Betty and Rusty’s cowboy camp. Dip your toes in the red sand of the Navajo tribal lands at Monument Valley, staying overnight in a traditional hogan. Marvel at the scale of the Grand Canyon, live it up in Las Vegas, visit Death Valley and hike in Yosemite National Park before arriving in San Francisco with its stunning Golden Gate Bridge. Jump aboard for an action-packed 13 days!
- Overnight Cowboy Camp including a chuckwagon dinner & hearty breakfast
- Navajo guided 4×4 tour of Monument Valley
- Overnight in traditional Navajo hogan in Monument Valley
- City tour of Hollywood including the Walk of Fame & famous sign
- Sightseeing and beach time in San Diego on the Pacific Coast
- Visit the colourful desert monument of Salvation Mountain
- Experience a spectacular Grand Canyon sunrise or sunset
- Drive on the original Route 66, stopping at Seligman, AZ
- Encounter the bright lights of Las Vegas & tour the famous Strip
- Visit the hottest, driest and lowest place in North America: Death Valley
- Hit the trails amongst towering granite peaks in Yosemite National Park
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge & explore San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury
- Admission to incredible national parks & monuments – Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Death Valley & Yosemite
Accommodation – Tranportation – Food
- Group size: Max 13 people
- Accommodation: Camping (6 nights) – Budget Lodging (2 nights) – Hotel (4 Nights)
- Tranportation: Private transport, air conditioned, free Wi-Fi
- We operate a Food Kitty on this trip – you will need to contribute US$100 which covers all your meals whilst camping
- Tour leader
Map of of the Westerner Tour
Keen? Let’s check availablity!
So you are interested in an American adventure tour to kick off your gap year with IEP New Zealand! Please fill in the fields below and we will be in touch regarding availability and to answer any questions you may have.